Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Revolution

Dictionary.com gives many different meanings for the word revolution but this meaning in particular stood out to me- a sudden, complete or marked change in something. That led me to wondering if I'm the only person that sees the need for a Revolution to take place.



At the age of 27 I've lived longer than some and have seen my share of losses. After one major experience with stress that led me to go from a size 10 to a three I realized my need for a revolution. I needed that sudden change in my life to push me forward. Some friends became distant but I was better because I made the choice revolutionize my life to suit not just my needs but those of my daughters.



The Brothers and Sisters of the Black Panther Party spoke strongly and freely about starting "the revolution". While their hearts were in a wonderful and well understood place; not everyone jumped on board with their mission. My revolution may not be yours and vice versa but there is a need for a revolution to take place; unless you're Jesus. Do not fear change for it is inevitable and needed. If my revolution isn't what you had in mine then start your own and make it count for something. It's time to start the revolution family. Yes, in our world, yes in our communities and but foremost definitely in ourselves.



Love is of God and God is Real!!

1 comment:

Sylvi B said...

Speak on Speaka! Sometimes the word revolution conjures up images of destruction and disention. I know that many people see this as a bad thing but the fact is that sometimes our old ways of thinking and being need to be destroyed in order for us to move to the next level. In order for us to achieve oneness with our higher selves.

A revolution in America's thought process just ushered in the election of our first Black President. A revolution in my own thought process just enabled me to take back my life from the evil that is corporate America.

Without revolt against the things that hold us back we are doomed to be forever trapped. Revolution equals freedom, opportunity and change. I am thankful for the spirit of revolution.

Thank you for your wise words little sister. VIVA REVOLUTION!!!!